This informative reference tool is a quick guide to the administrative features of MultiPoint™. Complete instructions are available by accessing HELP from the SA RO List. Tutorials and exercises are available to help your dealership reach its full potential.
[responsive][/responsive]As the MultiPoint administrator, you have the ability to control and customize many aspects of MultiPoint your shop. Specifically you can manage and make changes in the following areas by selecting the appropriate tab:
- Shop - Customizing Shop Settings
- Users - Users and their rights
- Shop Flags – Edit shop flags
- Estimate - Customizing the estimate
- Packages - Creating and Customizing Inspection & Maintenance Packages
- Shop Reports - Generating Shop Reports and Options
- Customer Reports - Modifying and Creating Customer Reports
- Customer Report Archives – Search for archived customer reports
Accessing the Administrator Options
- Login to AutoPoint from the desktop by double-clicking the icon.
- Enter your Login Name and Password and click the Login button.
- From the SA RO List, click Tools | Admin Options.
Note: After making any changes, you can apply them and keep the Admin options open by clicking the Apply button. When you are finished, click the OK button to exit the Administrator Options.
The Users tab allows you to a set the password options, add/edit and deactivate the user accounts.
[responsive][/responsive]You may allow users to have their passwords to be remembered by the system by utilizing the “Allow Quick Login” feature.
Each user must be assigned at least one role. Each role has specific permissions to access different screen within the AutoPoint Platform and on which reports the user is listed by default. The three roles are:
- Technician: Technician default view is Tech View. Here they can load ROs onto their screen and use all of its associated functions including access to OEM websites (must have username/password), access to aftermarket data providers (must have username/password), Quick Specs, and inspection packages.
- Service Advisor: In addition to the rights given to technicians, Service Advisors (SA) have access to the SA RO List. This allows the Service Advisor to work with Estimate and the ability to print/email the Action Plan and Know Your Vehicle reports.
- Manager: The manager has access to Tech View, SA RO List and the administrator functions.
- Other: The Other role is designed to be used by the Parts Department and anyone else who needs access to AutoPoint but does not fit within one of the other roles. Users in this role have access to all Service Advisor and Add, Edit or Delete a user
Add a user
[responsive][/responsive]From the Users tab:
- Click the Add button.
- The Add User dialog box requires affixing a DMS use ID number to the new user before allowing name, role, and login details to be input. There are two ways of adding a new employee number.
- In the By DMS User ID input the new user’s DMS number and choose OK
- Choose the DMS number from the list of unused numbers that have been imported from the DMS
- The DMS number will not be available in the drop down list until it has been used on an RO in your DMS system.
- If the employee will be using a number that was previously assigned you will need to edit the user from the Active or Inactive Users list (see below).
- Enter the user’s First and Last name in the appropriate fields.
- Choose the user’s role.
- Only check the role(s) that corresponds with the role of the employee. (A manager does not need a check mark Technician as the Manager role has Tech View rights.)
- Verify that the DMS User ID for SAs and Techs is accurate. This is how AutoPoint connects a name to the employee number from your DMS.
- Enter a Login Name (stay consistent for the entire shop as it reduces confusion; first and last name work best)
- Enter a Password and confirm it in the appropriate fields. If they don’t match, you will see a flashing icon.
- Click the OK button when you are done.
[responsive][/responsive]Edit a user
- Highlight the user whose information you would like to change and click Edit.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click the OK button when you are done.
Deactivate a user
- Highlight the user you would like to delete and click Deactivate. AutoPoint will prompt for confirmation.
- Click the Yes button.
[responsive][/responsive]Shop Flags can be edited and customized to serve many different purposes. The goal is to make as much information as possible available directly from the SA RO List. There are three types of Shop Flags:
Shop Flag 1 – Controls the flow of the RO through the Service Department. It indicates what the current status of the RO is and who has stewardship over it.
Shop Flag 2 – Is utilized by the Parts Department to indicate the availability of parts. This flag will also indicate where parts are coming from and if they have been ordered.
Shop Flag 3 – Is used to indicate promised delivery time or that a customer is a Waiter. This is the most flexible flag and can be customized to indicate things such as parts hold and loaner car assignment.
Adding a new Shop Flag
- Select the tab to access Shop Flag 1, 2, or 3.
- Click on the Add button. A new flag will appear at the bottom of the list
- Input the name that you want to be displayed for the flag.
- Click on Set Highlight and select the desired color from the list.
- Click on Change Icon and select the desired icon from the list. You can load a custom icon sized of 16x16 pixels.
- Highlight the new flag and move it to the proper position on the list by clicking on and buttons. This will determine the position the flag is found on the list. In the case of Shop Flag 1 it will also determine the order the SA RO displays if the list is sorted by Shop Flag 1.
- Click Apply when complete.
[responsive][/responsive]The Estimate tab allows you to set which pricing columns are displayed, which sections appear on the Estimate, and which estimate sections are set to be recommended to the customer.
Click the drop menu next to “Show Pricing Columns" and choose:
- None – No price column will appear on the Estimate.
- Total – A column labeled “Total” will appear on the Estimate.
- Parts + Labor + Total – Columns labeled Parts, Labor Hours, Labor Rate, Labor, and Total appear on the Estimate (default setting)
There are as many as six sections that can show up on the Estimate.
Original Customer Requests: The lines as input into the DMS and pulled into AutoPoint.
Recommendations on Original Customer Requests: The recommendations added to the Estimate using the “Add Rec” button and in relationship to an Original Customer Request.
Additional Customer Requests (no included in customer reporting): Any lined added to the RO after the RO was originally generated.
Recommendations: Any recommendation made by using an inspection package.
Previously Deferred Recommendations: Any recommendation that was recommended on a previous inspection and not approved.
Reason for Decline: An additional column is available to document reason for decline on any recommendation when that recommendation is set to Decline.
Estimate Section Settings
Each section has different options as to how it is displayed on the estimate and how it is represented on the customer facing reports:
Show on Estimate: Some of the sections can be eliminated from the Estimate all together as indicated by the check box.
Check By Default: Checked recommendations are included in the pricing section of the Action Plan and Know Your Vehicle Report. An unchecked recommendation remains on the Estimate and in the Inspection Results section of the customer reports but removes that recommendation from the pricing section of the customer reports.
[responsive][/responsive]Require Price & Approval: Some sections can be exempted from having a price or approval/decline selected before getting green lights on the Estimate accuracy meter.
The Estimate Worksheet is a printable version of the estimate. Its intended purpose is to be used as a scratch sheet for staff as they gather details regarding recommendations made.
Detail lines: Allows the default to change for how many lines appear for each recommendation matrix.
Blank Recommendations: Allows for completely blank matrices to be printed after the matrices that contain inspection recommendations.
Show only Cautioned/Failed Inspection Recs
By default every recommendation appears on the estimate including any recommendation made on passed items. This setting can be suppressed by choosing the check box to show only cautioned/failed.
Require Reason For Decline
If the box for Reason for Decline is selected as a visible section on the estimate you can choose to make its completion a requirement to get a green light on the estimate accuracy meter by selecting the check box.
Taxes and Fees
To configure taxes and fees choose Configure Taxes and Fees... on the Estimate screen.
[responsive][/responsive]Shop Fees and Shop Taxes:
The estimate can be formatted to include as many fees and tax lines as necessary. To add a fee choose the Shop Fee tab, likewise to create a Shop Tax choose its tab. On the appropriate tab:
- Choose Add
- Input the name as it will appear on the customer reports.
- Choose if the fee/tax will be a fixed dollar amount or a variable amount. If a variable amount choose the options that apply to that specific fee.
- Choose at what monetary threshold the fee will be applied
- Select if the fee will be taxable (this option is omitted on the Shop Tax tab).
- Select if the tax will default to exempt (this option is not available for Shop Fees)
The Shop tab allows you to modify a variety of settings. These settings change how AutoPoint functions for the different roles in the dealership.
Shop Name & Address – This information will print as a footer on the customer facing reports.
Closed RO List Maximum – limits the number of ROs that appear on the Closed RO list. It is recommended you keep this set to the default setting.
Allow technicians to view all ROs – Selecting this option populates the RO List in Tech View so that all open ROs are visible to all technicians.
[responsive][/responsive]Allow technicians to use Load RO – Selecting this option creates the Load RO box that allows a technician to view an RO on their RO List and on the RO In Progress screen.
Allow technicians to Approve/Decline TP items – Allows a technician to approve and decline recommendations on the estimate.
Allow “others” to Approve/Decline TP items – Allows for any one with the role of other to approve and decline recommendations on the estimate.
[responsive][/responsive]Edit Shop Labor Rates
- Shop Labor Rates – Are used on the estimate by the Service Advisors and are multiplied by the labor hours as entered in its field.
- Labor Matrix/Grid Support – The estimate has the ability to support a labor matrix or labor grid. This allows the estimate to automatically choose populate correct labor amount from the matrix based on the labor hours input by the Advisor.
- If the labor grid/matrix changes the changes will need to be updated in AutoPoint.
- This technique can also be used with a variable labor rate matrix or a flat labor rate matrix.
- To input the grid enter the correct rate for each 0.1 of time.
- The Description will be the labor time (e.g. see screenshot ->)
- The Rate will be the proper labor rate associated with that time.
[responsive][/responsive]Configure Shop Notes
The shop notes function allows users to document key information regarding the vehicle. The options allow a shop to customize this feature to maximize its benefit.
Recommendations Button – This option makes the Recs available for all staff.
Enable template button – This option creates a button that when selected populates the edit portion of Shop Notes with the text of your choosing. You can name the button using up to 10 characters
Template Text – Type the text that you want to populate in Shop Notes when a staff member selects the Template Button
The Customer Reports tab allows you to modify the existing customer facing reports and to create new ones (like the Action Plan and the Know Your Vehicle). You can manipulate the reports by modifying which sections appear, the content of editable sections, and the graphics (company logos and pictures) that are included.
Modifying a Customer Report
- Click Edit to open the Customer Report Editor.
- Verify that the Report Name is correct and edit as necessary. This name is used in the subject line of emails to the customer and various other places in AutoPoint.
- Verify that the Button Name is intuitive. This text appears under the icon as displayed on the SA RO List toolbar.
- Verify that a button image is assigned to the report. This icon is displayed on the SA RO List toolbar and as a field within the SA RO List itself.
- Change it by selecting the drop menu and choose the desired image from the available icons.
- Set the Report Type.
- Pre-Sell – Will be counted as Action Plan Usage on management reports.
- Post-Sell – Will be counted as Know Your Vehicle Usage on management reports.
- General – Will not be counted anywhere on any of the management reports.
- Move the desired Report Sections (left side) to the Report Format pane (right side) by clicking and dragging or by highlighting and clicking the Add--> button.
- The sections appear on the report in the order you see them listed in the Report Format pane. Change the order by clicking and dragging them up and down or using the Up and the Down buttons.
- Sections that have the edit icon can be customized. Click the icon or select the section and click the Edit Section button to bring up the options and make your desired modifications.
- Click the OK button when you are done.
[box style="1"]TIP: For more information on how to edit individual sections, access Help in AutoPoint.[/box]
[responsive][/responsive]The Packages tab allows you to create and customize the inspection, inspection tasks, observations, and recommendations, as well as dealer authored maintenance packages. Checked packages are available on the technician “Add Package” screen and are displayed in the order you set.
Creating a new package
- From the Packages tab, click New... on the right.
- Choose a template from the drop-menu if you wish to base the new package off an existing one.
- Specify a unique name in the “Package Name” field. (Optional - If you would like a description, enter it into the Description field.)
- Enter the Op Code that corresponds to this package from the DMS Op Code drop-down menu.
- This is the Op Code that your advisors add to the RO requesting the inspection.
- OP Codes only appear on the drop down list after they have been used on an RO that has been imported into AutoPoint. If the Op Code you want to use is brand new you will have to add it on an RO to make it available for selection; optionally you can manually create the Op Code by editing the DMS Op Code table as show in this guide.
- Set the Shop Reports options as appropriate (for more details about the options, see the AutoPoint Help system) and click OK.
Note: To modify an existing package, select the package and click Edit... from the Packages tab.
Add tasks to a package
- Select the group (or subgroup) to which you would like to add the new inspection task (if applicable).
- Click the Add Task button.
- Choose the appropriate radio button – Create a new task from scratch or Copy an existing task…
- From scratch
- Type the name of the task in the Name field.
- Select the appropriate variables in Task Type and Task Options.
- Click Insert.
- From existing
- Type in the filter field some of the text of the task. The resulting list will contain all tasks meeting your filter criteria.
- Click the next to the task you want to insert and choose the package you want it copied from.
- Click Insert.
- Repeat step a. or b. for each task you want to insert and click Done when you are finished.
Edit tasks in a package
- Select the task you wish to edit and choose your desired options from the Details tab on the right. (For more information about the Task Type, Task Options and Specifications, see the AutoPoint Help system)
- [responsive][/responsive]Select the Observations / Recommendations tab to set the default Obs and Recs that are available for the techs to make when performing the task.
- To insert a new Observation or Recommendation, click the Add button for the respective section.
- Either type in a name or filter for an existing, select the desired item, then click Insert.
- Click Done after you have inserted the desired items.
- [responsive][/responsive]Set the Checkbox Settings to determine where it will be available (Pass, Caution, Fail and Not Done) by toggling the green, yellow, red and grey boxes.
- Solid color means they are available for that status.
- Solid color with check means it is checked by default when made for that status.
- No color in the box means it is not available when that status is checked.
For Example: In the above example, when a technician selects pass, the recommendation will not appear. When he selects caution, the recommendation will appear and be checked. If he selects fail the recommendation will be available.
- Link Additional Information (the Good/Bad part articles in customer facing reports) by selecting the Recommendation you want it linked to and click the Link AI... button.
- Locate the information you want to link by typing in the filter.
- Select the desired section and click the Link button.
- Click OK to save all your changes.
Additional Information (Good/Bad Part)
[responsive][/responsive]You have the ability to add or edit the Additional Information sections that appears on customer facing reports (RAP/KYV). This allows you to customize the information your customers see on their Action Plan and Know Your Vehicle reports.
Editing Additional Information (AI)
- From the Packages Tab in the Admin Options, click Shop and choose Edit Additional Info… from the drop menu.
- Type into the filter at the top of the Edit Additional Info window some text to find the Additional Information section you wish to edit.
- Click on the section title from the list and click Edit. This will open the Additional Information (AI) Editor.
- From within the Additional Information (AI) Editor, you can edit:
- the title
- the text in the Operation Description, Significance, and Advantage sections
- the image notes (text under the image)
- Click on the images to the right to open a window that allows you to browse to the picture you would like to import. You can also click the button next to each picture which opens the same window. After browsing to the appropriate picture click Open.
- After you have made the needed changes click OK to save your changes.
Note: If you make changes to an existing Additional Information section, it will affect ALL packages which use that same section. At the bottom of the Additional Information Editor window is a box that tells you which packages use that Additional Information section.
Creating Additional Information (AI)
Follow the same steps for editing Additional Information, but instead of making changes to existing text and pictures you will be typing descriptions and inserting pictures from scratch. Be sure to create a unique title for any Additional Information articles you author.
Hint: You can also copy an existing Additional Information section to use as a template in creating your own Additional Information. To do so, click Copy and follow the instructions already given.
DMS Op Code Table
[responsive][/responsive]The DMS Op Code Table automatically populates with all Op Codes that have been entered into your DMS and used on ROs that have been imported into AutoPoint. The Op Codes in this table can then be priced and associated with inspections and menu priced items so they are already priced for the Advisor on the estimate screen.
Note: Once the Op Code has been imported it will not update the price. This means if you ever want the price to change, you must manually change it in the DMS Op Code Editor.
Editing the DMS Op Code Table
- From the Packages Tab in the Admin Options, click Shop and choose Edit DMS Op Code Table… from the drop menu.
- Type in the filter (code or description) at the top of the window to find the entry you want to edit.
- Highlight the entry and click Edit.
- Click in the price field and enter the price and press enter.
- [responsive][/responsive]Select the next entry and click Edit or click OK to exit the DMS Op Code Editor.
Associating a DMS Op Code with a package
- From the Packages Tab in the Admin Options click on the Inspection you wish to associate an Op Code with and click Settings....
- Click the DMS Op Code drop menu at the bottom of the Edit Package Settings window and choose the appropriate Op Code for your chosen package (Hint: type in the drop menu to filter the results).
Customer Report Archives
[responsive][/responsive]The Customer Report Archives tab allows you to access any customer report that has been generated (emailed or printed) in the past.
Finding an archived report
- Select Plate, Customer Name, or VIN.
- Click the drop-menu and begin to type what you are looking for.
- The drop-menu will filter based on what you type.
- Select the record that you would like once it appears in the menu and click the Search button.
- Click the to expand the RO and see all available archived reports.
- Select the report you would like to view, email, or print and click the appropriate button.
- Click the OK button when you are done.
RO List Column Chooser
[responsive][/responsive]Removing a column
- Move your mouse over the column that you would eliminate.
- Click and hold on the column header and drag it towards the center of the RO List.
- When you see a black X appear release the mouse. This column is now removed.
Moving a column
- Move your mouse over the column that you would like to move.
- Click and hold on the column header and drag it to its desired position across the RO List.
- You will see black border indicating where the column will appear.
- Release the mouse button when the column is in the desired position.
Adding a new column
- Right-click on any column header.
- Select “Column Chooser” from the drop down menu.
- Click and hold the desired column header and drag it from the list to its desired position.
Resetting columns back to default view
- Right-click on any column header.
- Select the option to “Reset Columns” from the drop down menu.
[responsive][/responsive]This will return your RO List to its default appearance. To Create Training Repair Orders in AutoPoint
- From the SA RO List choose Tools>Admin Options
- In the resulting window choose RO List
- In the RO List pane choose Manage Training ROs
- The next pane will allow you to create Training ROs.
- Choose “Generate Multiple Training ROs.” Create as many as needed to allow for all staff to play with the system prior to using live ROs.
- In the “Last” field type “Training RO”
- Complete the vehicle information by clicking on each box[responsive][/responsive]
- Add an odometer reading to eliminate staff from inputting the odometer reading on each individual training RO.
- In the “RO Line Item” type:
- “CUSTOMER STATES THAT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON” then select Add -->.
- “CUSTOMER REQUESTS A LUBE OIL AND FILTER SERVICE” then selectAdd -->.
- “PERFORM A MULTIPOINT INSPECTION”
- Before choosing Add click Bind Package
- [responsive][/responsive]From the “Shop Package” drop down box choose the shop inspection package.
- Select Add -->.
- When all of the required information fields are completed click Apply - Creating Training ROs
- The process of generating the training ROs may take a few minutes. When the ROs have been created chose Close to exit the RO Create Tool.