Customer Report Editor
You can customize your customer reports like the Action Plan and Know Your Vehicle report using the Customer Report Editor tool in EDGE. For additional information, see the article on Customer Reports.
To add or change a customer report, take the following steps:
- From EDGE click Tools, Admin Options to display the Administrator Options window.
- Click on the Customer Reports tab and click Add to create a new report.
- Use the information in the article below as a guide to build the report.
- Click on a report section in the Report Section panel and click Add --> to move it to the Report Format panel.
- Click on a report section in the Report Format panel and click Edit Section to make further customizations as desired.
- Click on a report section in the Report Format panel and click Up or Down to change the order it prints in.
- When you are finished, click OK to save.
Report Name - Key in a name for the report.
Button Name - Key in a short name for the button. This will appear on the tool bar in EDGE.
Button Image - Select an image for the button from the dropdown list.
Report Type - The report type determines whether the report will be considered in shop reports that count the number of customer reports printed or e-mailed by service advisors.
- General reports are not considered in shop report numbers.
- Pre-sale reports are counted in shop reports containing a pre-sale report column.
- Post-sale reports are counted in shop reports with a post-sale report column.
For information on any of the following report sections, see the article for that section.