EDGE 3.15 - Quick Start
EDGE Release 3.15 introduced multiple enhancements into the EDGE System.
- Addition of the Customer Information Button to capture more customer contact information.
- Addition of KYV.com button to launch the Portal from the EDGE system
- Option to make custom email templates with pre-populated shop information via "Tags.”
- New development to make EDGE run faster and more efficiently.
- Centralized server option. (Release updates faster, no change on your interface).
Customer Info Button
The Customer Portal is designed to give your customers one central electronic location where they can quickly access information about their vehicle inspection.
Use the Customer Info button to make changes or additions to the customer's contact information.
- Change the preferred contact method
- Make changes to phone numbers and email address
- Set the wireless carrier
- Activate text messages for KYV or Action Plan reports
How to Generate the Portal in the EDGE System
There are two ways to generate the customer’s unique portal URL from the Edge System.
- It generates when a KnowYourVehicle Report or Action Plan is printed or emailed.
- Generate the URL through the "Update Site” option on the KYV.com button drop down menu.
- This will create the URL, without the KnowYourVehicle or Action Plan being printed. However if there are no recs completed and the KnowYourVehicle or Action Plan have not been emailed or printed, those panels in the Portal will not populate.
- NOTE: The search option on the drop down box allows you to search for an RO from the pop up window that appears at the time search is selected.
- If the Action Plan or KnowYourVehicle report are generated, and the "Update Site” option has not been selected then the customer will just see a landing page in the browser (above) not the Portal. They will then be directed to contact the service advisor who sent them the portal.
Email Templates/SMS and Tags
EDGE has multiple options for contacting the customer using email templates and "tag” functions within the system.
- Access Email templates by clicking on the Reports button on the tool bar, or accessing the drop down arrow located on the KYV or RAP button on the tool bar and selecting "Email”.
The tag labeled "[URL] Customer PORTAL URL” is the tag that will imbed the PORTAL URL in the email or text. This can be added to any template and will function as normal, assuming requirements for generating the PORTAL have been met as discussed earlier.
The SMS field within the email template gives you the ability to send the custom URL to the customer via an SMS text right to a smart phone.
Text messages are customizable and can include custom tags which are placed within the text message itself.
Templates are labeled as "Pre Sale Report Email/Text Message” and "Post Sales Report Email/Text Message”. Use Pre Sale for Action Plan reports and Post Sale for KYV reports. Template descriptions can be modified. When the template is sent from EDGE, you will only see the [URL] text in the email body. However, when the customer receives that email, there will be a link that they can click that will take them directly to their custom PORTAL.