Install the Latest Version of EDGE
Check the version of EDGE you are running:
- Open EDGE.
- From the Menu Bar, click Help, About EDGE. (Figure 1)
- Note the Client Version (188.8.131.52 in this example)
- Note the DB Address (10.11.3.183 in this example)
- Open the EDGE Server Download Client page. (Figure 2)
- If available, click the "Update Client" link in the lower left corner of the about window.
- If the link isn’t there, open your browser and type the DB Address in the URL field.
If the Client Version on the “About” window is the same as the one listed on the webpage, you are running the latest version of EDGE.
Update EDGE to the latest version.
- Click the “Install” button for the EDGE Client (Admin privilege NOT required).
- Click the “Run” button and follow the prompts. (Figure 3)
- This process should be done on all computers running EDGE throughout the shop.
- Windows XP computers will need to be rebooted after the installation process.
- If there are any errors or you would like MPi Help Desk to remotely perform these steps, please call (877) 567-4349 Option 3.
[button link="http://knowledge.autopoint.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/02/install_the_edge_client_instructions_v.1.pdf" target="_blank color="orange" lightbox="false"]Download Instructions[/button]